Friday, September 4, 2009

Health Care Reform

I've been getting irrationally fired up about health care reform lately. So much so that I can't seem to bring myself to respond to ignorant people in any way because I'm seized with rage. This is a shame because I feel like I'm just as bad as the anti-reform people for not being able to listen to another argument. Part of the problem is that I insist on facts. The other part is that I'm enraged because I want to protect people. They are enraged because they want to protect themselves.

I want to know who's working on this stuff. What innovation companies are out there investigating and working on real health care reform scenarios? I'm tempted to start my own small-scale research with people whose opinions I respect (regardless of whether or not our opinions are the same), especially those who work in the health care industry.

I'd also like to know why big pharmaceutical companies are getting a "get out of jail free" card during this health care discussion, especially since Pfizer just paid the biggest health care fraud settlement in the history of the Department of Justice. Ridiculous.

No comments: