Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Plumber's Here

This week was a bit of a crazy one as the plumbers/handymen came to redo our main bathroom without any real forewarning. This meant that I was motivated to get out of the house more quickly than I normally would, but that was a good thing. It also meant that we were not able to use the main bath/shower.

So, I called up the ever-resourceful Nickel-bag-o-funk. She gave me a few Virgin Active passes that she had lying around her flat so that I could use the gym, and shower in a proper shower. It reminded me of how out of shape I am, but I plan on remedying that soon. The last installment of my financial aid checks came in, so I will be able to join the gym near school for a discounted price. Hooray for "concessions"!

In other news, I had a meeting with a sexual health/couples therapist who has a number of clients in the 50+ age range. She was quite helpful and has agreed to photocopy and send me some articles from a journal that would be difficult to get my hands on otherwise. She also gave me a couple of organizations I could contact. It sure is difficult getting access to older people when you don't know any older people to introduce you to their peers.

I've also contact the local UU Minister. I have a meeting with him in mid July. I'm hoping that some of his congregation is over 50. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I suspect Unitarians will be much more open to talking about sexual health than most people.

I have the CSM Immersion Program all of next week, so it's going to be balls to the wall. It's a week long course that helps recent MA grads (or soon-to-be-grads like me) get out into the work force in the best way possible. I'll write more about that once I'm finished with it.

No comments: