Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pro-bama

I know. I haven't written anything in forever. The MA has kicked into warp speed, and it's taking up most of my time. However, this hasn't prevented me from watching some of the coverage of the US Presidential election. It seems like the rest of the world wants Obama. It's too bad they don't get to vote.

I've been watching some of the Daily Show and the Colbert Report. Stewart and Colbert are brilliant. If you watched the debates as I did (yay youtube), you may have been annoyed with the exact same things John Stewart's writers were annoyed with:


1) Obama opened the majority of his responses with. "John is absolutely right..." He's got to quit that shit. Seriously. He's giving credit where no credit is due.


2) John McCain was ridiculously patronizing. I'm not sure how many times he said, "I don't think Obama understands (fill in blank)", but it was a lot.


The thing is, I'm tired of a
that gun-toting, oil-loving, ear-marking, anti-woman beauty queen (whose international experience includes seeing Russia from her house) getting all of the attention. I won't deny that I love the humour it's producing, but we won't be laughing for long if Mc Crazy and the Lipsticked Pig get into the White House.

I want Barack to rise to the occasion and run a campaign that compels people to vote FOR HIM, not AGAINST someone else. Maybe I shoul
dn't care about how he gets in office, but my point is that I don't trust some of the American public to make the right choice based on the right decisions. They haven't for the past 8 years, but I'm crossing my fingers that some of them will wake up. With that said, let's be

PRO-bama!!!


No comments: