Thursday, July 9, 2009

Start Again

Well, it's been a while.  I finished my Master's Degree in December.  It's now July.
I am in Atlanta, GA waiting for my UK Visa to come through.  It's been a ridiculously long string of red tape, and I'm predicting (see also: hoping) that the string will break in the next two weeks.  If it weren't for my fantastic family and friends, and my recent trip to Star Island
,
I wouldn't be taking this huge roadblock in such a positive light.

And if it weren't for my experience in grad school, I wouldn't be as productive as I am. For instance, I'm working on a project with my old roommate, Jason.  My time in Atlanta has allowed us to have a fighting chance at getting this thing off of the ground.  If we manage to make it happen, it could be a huge stepping stone towards my goal of becoming an independent innovation consultant who deals with the 4th sector.  Even if we don't manage to make it happen, it will be excellent practice for whatever may lie ahead.  The skinny is that it has to do with Senegal.  That's all I'm saying for now.




No comments: