Thursday, January 3, 2008

Signing Loan Checks and the Return of the Nickelbagofunk

Yesterday, I went to the International Student Center to sign my loan checks. Scary. They come in two installments and are based on the exchange rate, which could change by the time the checks are transferred from dollars to pounds. I'll have to live off of my savings for the first 6 months, but I was aware of that. Good thing I was a penny-pinching kid! Others might not be so lucky. Anne is already scheming to get me in with her company as an intern. Hopefully, this will help with my finances a little bit. I've also been scouring flatshare websites to see what's available. I've emailed a few, so we'll see what happens.

Today has been chill. Literally. It's cold outside (not by Beantown standards, but still), so I haven't ventured out today. Tomorrow, on the other hand, I'm going to try to procure a cell phone. This may be difficult without a bank account, but we'll see. The whole process is a mess of red tape, but it's doable. I wonder if it's any different than if a Brit came to the US.

On another note, Anne returned from her marathon flying jag this morning. She went from Seattle to Minneapolis to Amsterdam to London. ¡Pobrecita!

No comments: