Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thanks for the Flat-Hunting Mojo, My Friends!

Let me tell you, I wish I had been taking notes about some of the 513 places I've viewed so far so that I could string them together into a stand-up routine (Hmm...maybe I will). The good thing is, it makes the fact that I've finally found a place that much more rewarding.

I viewed this particular flat last night after class. When I finally got home to check my email, I found the offer sitting in my inbox. The only real downside is that the room is unfurnished, so I have to buy a bed. It's no big thing, especially when it's in a cool part of town, has a good sized kitchen, two living spaces (one of which could probably be made into a dining area, but I'm perfectly happy with the drum kit that's sitting in there), broadband, and a small garden in the back. It's tidy, but comfortable, and the new flatmates are a guy (Gavin) and a girl (Claire) who are both in their early 30s and both artists. Gavin is a graphic designer who just opened his own gallery in Stoke Newington, and Claire is an up-and-coming videographer/filmmaker. Yay! I'll post pictures as soon as I give the landlady my deposit and move in. That's supposed to happen on Saturday. In the meantime, here's the map. It's the first road west of/parallel to Albion Rd., near where Newington Green Rd, Albion Rd, and Green Lanes intersect.
View Larger Map

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excited for you tam. Feels good to finally arrive doesn't it!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! We miss you! Had our first Illuminated Interiors meeting this morning. I moved over the weekend to new house, still selling other house. Send me good vibes since you dont need them anymore LOL

Anonymous said...

That's great to hear Tamra! it must feel good to not have to focus on that hunt anymore and sounds like your roommates will have similar interests.....I imagine you'll be on the drums before you know it
...please send Karen good vibes she just moved and can't find her underwear....

Tamraconteur said...

Tell Karen to check the sugar drawer for her underwear.